Only One Chance - Free Games Online


Description:

A tale about robots in love. Plays best with sound on. There is also a secret ending! What happens if you miss your only chance?

    Instructions:

    Arrow keys to move. Z to talk and advance dialog. X to jump. C to tell the girl to stop following you, or to start.

    Only One Chance - Free Games Online

    Consistent mood. i used to be extremely glad by however all elements of the sport work along to form a mood. when composing the most theme on piano, i spotted that it might be very nice if ALL the sound was vie on the piano, therefore all of the short sound effects ar very little arpeggios or what have you ever on the piano too. The art started abundant moodier and darker, however as I found out what reasonably game it absolutely was aiming to be, it became brighter and additional charming, which inserts rather well United Nations agency.

    Game as expertise. This ties in with my last bullet, however i used to be brooding about writing games that were coherent experiences that try and specific a precise feeling instead of a bunch of options tied along. i actually need to form additional games like this.

    Aesthetics over options. In my past games, I’ve had a habit of adding new options instead of sprucing previous ones. Right after I started this game, i made a decision to target aesthetics over adding new options. which means that the cannons animate, the cannonballs explode in stunning particle explosions, random yellow particles float within the background (I don’t grasp what they're, however they appear nice), there’s a title screen (the 1st time I’ve ever extra one), etc. I’m more than happy with the general impact.

    Let the sport develop itself. initially I needed one thing dark and moody and region. This was my guiding plan for the primary eight hours just about. however I had issues – I couldn’t think about any thanks to build that work the theme. i used to be additionally brooding about giving music quite simply a background role after I developed the thought that you simply might have 2 various things that play totally different melodies, and once you bring them along the melodies work along. i believed it can be some form of music based mostly region platformer game. i believed additional and realised it absolutely was a extremely nice figure for love – 2 those that each have a song that ar incomplete while not one another. Once I came up thereupon, I knew I had to use it. therefore my operating plan till the tip of the primary day was that you simply would be some form of mechanism Amor that might solve puzzles to bring ladies and guys along.

    But then when the twenty four hour mark i spotted that there was no means that I might build a bunch of guy/girl pairs, corresponding theme songs, and level puzzles. i used to be means overscoping. and i used to be noticing that the interactions I wrote between you and therefore the 1st woman were extremely loveable, therefore I simply created it a straight up romance between you and her. which complete up operating rather well.
    I thought this gradual strategy of “being guided  towards what the sport desires to be” gave the impression to work o.k.. I wouldn’t have return up with the most plan otherwise.
    COULD-BE-BETTER STUFF

    Forces outside my management. i used to be feeling pretty awful throughout a minimum of five hundredth of Ludum Dare. i actually assume that I might have squeezed this into a 48h game if I had been feeling higher – however I wasn’t. There’s not abundant I will do this, though.

    The music. The music is by no means dangerous, however it absolutely was all done improvisationally within the house of like twenty minutes and will are plenty higher if I had daunted to sit down down and work it. i used to be feeling dangerous although, and was having issue concentrating thereon. there have been additionally like 2-3 stunning themes that I simply ran out of your time to incorporate within the game. an explicit goal for next time is to pay longer on music, and to form a game that's additional receptive to multiple music themes.

    Difficulty. although it wasn’t extremely a large downside (no one has extremely complained), i used to be shocked to search out that the sport was plenty tougher than i believed it absolutely was. I’m perpetually learning in Ludum Dare to require however onerous i feel a section/puzzle is and multiply it by a pair of, and that’s however onerous everybody else can notice it. I clearly have a large advantage, as I’ve vie my game far more than anyone else has :)
    GOALS FOR NEXT TIME

    Improve graphics. I’ve improved from last time, however i feel I might do far better with additional apply. I felt like this was holding ME back. i used to be slow and therefore the results might are higher.
    Spend longer on music.

    Game 8

    BlogRoll

    Theo Allen RPG Maker

    Blog Archive

    Popular Posts

    Make My Own Game - Do Ngoc Nhan

    Infolinks